Will you break the cycle of addiction in your family?
Renascent’s Children’s Program
Renascent’s Children’s Program was designed with the help of Dr. Robert Ackerman, one of the world’s leading experts on families and addiction. It’s a fun and safe place for kids aged 7-13 and their parents/guardians to learn about addiction, express feelings and develop new skills. The program allows children to meet and talk with other kids and counsellors that know what it’s like to grow up in the presence of addiction.
The Children’s Program provides parents with the opportunity to connect with other parents. It gives them a chance to discover how to honor their own recovery while learning how to parent in ways that boost their family’s and child’s resilience.
Renascent’s Children’s Program is an intensive four day course that runs from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. This intensity allows families at all stages of recovery (crisis through long-term recovery) to make significant breakthroughs. Participation in all four days is required.
- Jan. 31-Feb. 3, Thursday to Sunday
- March 7-10, Thursday to Sunday
- April 25-28, Thursday to Sunday
- June 20-23, Thursday to Sunday
- July 19-22, Friday to Monday
- August 23-26, Friday to Monday
- Sept. 27-30, Friday to Monday
- Nov. 7-10, Thursday to Sunday
- Dec. 12-15, Thursday to Sunday
Where: Lillian and Don Wright Family Health Centre, 38 Isabella Street, Toronto (Yonge and Bloor).
Cost: $400 per child; parents are free when accompanied by a child; includes lunch and snacks. Flexible payment plans are available.
- This program is open to children aged 7 to 13 who’ve been impacted by another family member’s (parent, sibling, uncle, aunt, grandparent) problem with alcohol and/or drugs.
- At least one parent or person playing a key care-giving role (e.g., grandmother, uncle, foster parent) must accompany the child.
- Adults must be clean and sober to participate in the program.
- A non-addicted parent or caregiver can participate regardless of whether the other parent is still using.
After the Program:
Renascent provides a structured aftercare program for continued participation and connection with fellow graduates of the Children’s Program. This allows your family to continue receiving support when you need it.
To book an assessment, contact:
Family and Youth Counsellor
416-927-1202 ext. 3010