You must be assessed by Renascent as having an addiction problem with drugs and/or alcohol and be a minimum of 16 years of age to enter treatment. Should an assessment determine you need more or less intensive treatment, you can count on our recommendations and referrals.
For your safety, and to get the most out of Renascent’s treatment program, you must be clean and sober – free from alcohol and drugs – for at least 72 hours prior to admission. However, if you are using prescription or street opiates or benzodiazepines (including heroin, Tylenol 1 to 4 and prescription cough or cold remedies), you must be clean and sober for a minimum of eight days prior to admission. Renascent counsellors are available to help you find a medical professional or withdrawal management facility to help you withdraw safely. Call 1-866-232-1212 well in advance of your admission date for help finding the right withdrawal management service for you.
To facilitate your admission to Primary Care, you need the following:
- A valid health card for emergency health purposes
- Toiletries (e.g. toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving gear, shampoo, personal hygiene items etc.)
- Towels and washcloth
- Funds to cover personal expenses, such as transportation, tobacco, toiletries, etc.
- Comfortable footwear for indoor use
- Season-appropriate outerwear and footwear to travel outside the centre
- Comfortable clothing (counsellors reserve the right to determine appropriate attire)
- Prescription medications
Please take note of the following:
- TVs, cell phones, smartphones, pagers, musical instruments and exercise equipment are not permitted. Portable clock radios are permitted.
- Pay phones are available at the residence. Please bring your own quarters or phone cards.
- For the three weeks you live with us, we need you to focus exclusively on getting well.
- Do not make any medical, legal, business or personal appointments while in Primary Care.
- Reschedule all appointments before entering treatment.
- Washers, dryers and detergent are available on-site to do laundry.
- No clients are allowed to have a vehicle during their stay.
- Public transportation is to be used by and paid for by clients where necessary.
Guests are permitted during the following visiting hours:
- Punanai Centre: Saturday, 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Paul J. Sullivan Centre: Saturday, 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Graham Munro Centre: Saturday, 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.