For your safety, and to get the most out of Renascent’s treatment program, you must be clean and sober – free from alcohol and drugs – for at least 72 hours prior to admission. However, if you are using prescription or street opiates or benzodiazepines (including heroin, Tylenol 1 to 4 and prescription cough or cold remedies), you must be clean and sober for a minimum of eight days prior to admission. Renascent counsellors are available to help you find a medical professional or withdrawal management facility to help you withdraw safely. Call 1-866-232-1212 well in advance of your admission date for help finding the right withdrawal management service for you.
To facilitate your admission to Primary Care, you need the following:
- A valid health card for emergency health purposes
- Toiletries (e.g. toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving gear, shampoo, personal hygiene items etc.)
- Towels and washcloth
- Funds to cover personal expenses, such as transportation, tobacco, toiletries, etc.
- Comfortable footwear for indoor use
- Season-appropriate outerwear and footwear to travel outside the centre
- Comfortable clothing (counsellors reserve the right to determine appropriate attire)
- Prescription medications
Please take note of the following:
- TVs, cell phones, smartphones, pagers, musical instruments and exercise equipment are not permitted. Portable clock radios are permitted.
- Pay phones are available at the residence. Please bring your own quarters or phone cards.
- For the three weeks you live with us, we need you to focus exclusively on getting well.
- Do not make any medical, legal, business or personal appointments while in Primary Care.
- Reschedule all appointments before entering treatment.
- Washers, dryers and detergent are available on-site to do laundry.
- No clients are allowed to have a vehicle during their stay.
- Public transportation is to be used by and paid for by clients where necessary.
Guests are permitted during the following visiting hours:
- Punanai Centre: Saturday, 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Paul J. Sullivan Centre: Saturday, 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Graham Munro Centre: Saturday, 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.